Hilliard Architects is actively looking for architectural candidates. We want the best talent — people who demonstrate long-term potential, who will drive better business outcomes and challenge the way we think. We have a strong commitment to facilitating change and ensuring workplace equality. Our succession planning guarantees that potential leaders can be promoted from within HA.
Hilliard Architects is a powerhouse of projects and ideas. Some of the good things about working with our firm:
- There are no sidelines here. Everyone’s in the game. Everyone is important and contributes to the team. At all levels. You’ll be rewarded with a sense of importance and that your contributions matter.
- Variety is the spice of life. You’ll get the chance to play different roles and try new things – on different types of projects. One day you might be working on a conceptual design, the next day you are in the field documenting existing conditions, and in the afternoon you’re part of the presentation to win a new client.
- Strong personal relationships. Smaller firms tend to foster lasting relationships. Whether that’s with fellow employees, clients, consulting engineers or sales reps, you get to know each other when there are only a few people in the room. Working closely helps us understand each other’s strengths, interests, and how best to use our talents. You’ll also find that your opinions matter and that we value what you bring to the table.
- Recognition. When people ask about a project our firm did, everyone can take credit. There isn’t one group that gets to do all the fun work, and get the glory – we’re all in this together. We’re a team.
- Less management. Last but not least, who wants more managers?! So while you may work closely with the other people in the firm, we want motivated self-starters who can manage their own time and workflow to meet deadlines efficiently.
Hilliard Architects is based in Downtown Oakland, there’s never a dull moment. We’re next to the 12th Street BART station for an easy commute, we enjoy great views of the city and the bay – and if food is your thing, we’ve got lots of choices. There’s also a locked bike parking room (and showers) in our newly renovated building.