Cameron House, historic San Francisco Landmark #44, was a refuge for Asian women and girls in the late 1800’s.
Rebuilt after the 1908 earthquake, the building was designed by architect Julia Morgan. It later evolved into a multi‐service agency serving the Chinatown community.
Interior life‐safety updates covered new fire‐rated doors and electrical system. Accessibility upgrades included interior toilet rooms.
Exterior recreation facilities improvements included:
- Rehabilitation, accessibility of toilets and showers
- Repaving play yards and basketball courts
- Repairing structural concrete of cantilevered lower deck
- Painting, pigeon-proofing basketball courts and play yards